Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Sunday, 26 February 2012
There is one part of that promise that doesn't ring true - this blusher is not at all shimmery. I was worried that the shimmer would make it difficult to wear, but as there isn't any it doesn't. The bronzer palette is slightly less matte, though.
They're certainly not lying when they say the product lasts all day long - I wore it yesterday for a party involving lots of dancing and screaming the words of 90s songs, and it was still there when I got home. I was impressed!
The 'multi-tonal' part is certainly true - one thing I like is that I can lightly swipe a mixture of the bottom two shades around the jaw to serve almost as a bronzer - for a tiny bit of amateur contouring.
Saturday, 25 February 2012
- elf Nail Polish in Purple Pleaser (mentioned here)
- elf eyelid primer (mentioned here)
- Hello Kitty Liberty eyeshadow palette (the white shade in the inner corners of the eyes, and then the dark reddish and the dark silver glitter over the eye)
- Collection 2000 Extreme 24H eyeliner (upper lash line)
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Black (lower lash line)
- Natural Collection LashCurl Mascara in Black
- Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious
- Natural Collection Loose Powder
- Benefit Watt's Up! highlighter
- 17 Ultimate Volume lipgloss in Very Berry
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil with a thick line on the upper lash line and a thinner line on the lower line
- Natural Collection Moisture Shine lipstick in Rose Bud, used as a lipstick and also as a blusher, for which it's quite good as it's neither shimmery nor sticky.
Thursday, 23 February 2012
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
I realised that whenever I wear eye makeup, whatever I do the liner lasts longer than the shadow, so I thought I'd use my eye pencil as shadow.
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Pencil in Stormy Grey (as shadow) and Black (as liner)
- Elf blusher in Shy
- Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Rose Bud
Monday, 20 February 2012
This is a polish that I've had for ages and forgotten how good it is, but which surfaced during yesterday's nail painting session with my friends ( unfortunately more than half of my not-well-painted nails chipped during the day or flaked off entirely, so I just shoved this on the top.
This is a very very shiny pink/lilac/purple. It looks fairly good as a one-coat polish, and any attempt to fix it will result in brush marks showing and it looking a bit awful, so it's one to get right first time...Sadly this colour is no longer in the range that I know of, but it looks very similar to this, just a bit darker. The finish is very cool, though I keep expecting duo chrome that isn't there.
This is Philly's 'cosmos hand' which is epic. She thinks she ruined it by adding the stars, but I am envious, they're really pretty. You can check out her blog here.
This is one of mine. I used a white base, and then a subtle glitter (my elf one from my freebie at the start of this month) and then a chunky Barry M glitter.I think this is really pretty, definitely one to do again.
My most talented friend (from the first picture) put this on her thumb. How cute! The flash kind of wiped out the top of the nail, but it had a little yellow for the sun. It looked really professional.
Sunday, 19 February 2012
Friday, 17 February 2012
- Remove waterproof mascara
- Have spot fighting ingredients which give results from Day 1
- Be naturally antibacterial
- Have no perfume or colour
- Be kind to sensitive skin
Thursday, 16 February 2012
Wednesday, 15 February 2012
- Natural Collection Corrector Stick (it's light green, to neutralise red cheeks)
- Natural Collection Cover-up Stick (beige)
- 17 BB Cream (Light shade) - review to come
- elf Eyelid Primer - review to come but mentioned here
- elf eyeshadow palette - review to come but mentioned here
- Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hr Felt-tip liner - review to come but mentioned here (on the top lash line)
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil (black) - mini-review here (on the bottom lash line)
- Natural Collection LashCurl mascara (black) - review to come
- Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious - review
- Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Rose Bud - review to come
Sunday, 12 February 2012
- Until I have used up 10 products I am not allowed to buy any more makeup/skin care products
- Or, if I get to the end of April and haven't used up ten things, then I shall let myself buy things again.
- Exceptions: if I use up something that I use very often and I don't have an equivalent of (eg my only brown mascara) then I am allowed to buy a replacement. This should really only happen with eyeliners, mascaras, and foundation - I think I have similar things for most other things.
- Definition of using up is as follows. For anything that comes in a pan, more than 1/2 the diameter of the pan is pan showing as opposed to makeup. For anything in a tube or pen (eg mascara, lipgloss) when the applicator is swiped across my hand little enough product should come out to be useful. For twist-up products, I'm calling them used up when, when they're twisted up to their full extent, there is a flat line across the top of the casing and the product. For palettes I have to use up 50% of the products or hit pan on all of them - except for the elf custom palette where each thing is basically full size. For pencils, when there is less than 4cm pencil length (not counting the sharpened bit) - so its basically unholdable.
- The refills of my perfume do count.
- Anything that is already on its way to being used up counts, after all this is all about using things up.
- When I use something up I must review it.
- I'm also doing the same with books, minus the reviewing - unless you want me to :p
- As a reward when I finish I'm going to buy myself the mini collection of OPI's Holland range
Saturday, 11 February 2012
Thursday, 9 February 2012
First up, I can't believe I forgot to do this last week. Well, actually I can. Let me paint you a picture: I got home from school feeling absolutely rotten, went straight to bed missing ballet. Then about an hour later my mum woke me up to tell me that we had a burst pipe... not fun.
Sunday, 5 February 2012
Base coat: Miss Sporty vitamin cocktail (not in range any more, sad face)
Main colour: No7 Stay Perfect in Jammy (mentioned here)
Top coat: elf nail polish in Twinkle ( mentioned here) (the under a fiver bit)
Saturday, 4 February 2012
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
- Freebies! Product without having to pay for it!
- They help me to try new things that I wouldn't have, and in this case, since elf are mail-order, allow me to sample products that I would have doubts about buying sight unseen
- A shimmer eye pencil in shade 7608 - Plum Passion. I'm really happy about this as I've been wanting a purple eye pencil, and, even better, this one is shimmery! It sells for £1 or £1.50, depending on colour, here.
- Nail polish in 1565 - Purple Pleaser - and 1573 - Twinkle. Purple Pleaser is a lovely sophisticated shade, which I think I'll wear a lot. Twinkle is a generic sparkly topcoat, which is also something I've really wanted. As with the eye pencil, it sells for £1-£1.50. And gosh they have a lot of colours.
- The eyeshadow palette, which I think was a part of a Christmas gift collection. It says it has '32 Warm colours' though it's actually the 'cool' palette on this page. The colours aren't so soft as the custom eye colours, but they're still divinely soft. Lily likey. I can see myself using this palette a lot for a while, and, like I said earlier, it'll get me to try eye looks with lots of colours I wouldn't normally use.
- Custom Eyes element in Driftwood. They accidentally sent me two, which is great because it looks like a colour I'm gonna use a lot. It's a shimmery greenish brown, similar to Boots 17's Walnut Pearl.
- Custom Face element in Flushed, which is a bit darker than the Shy blusher I have. Looking forward to using this, but it'll probably have to wait til I use one of my three Custom Eyes shadows, as I only have the one space in my compact and I desperately want to try the Driftwood shadow.
- Eyeshadow duo in Olive, which is a nice pale green/brown matte duo. Fairly summery and springy.
- Shimmering facial whip in Persimmon - I bought it as a blusher, but I might also give it a try as a lip colour.
- Eyelid Primer in Champagne. Something I've been wanting for ages
- Brushes - Blending Eye Brush and Eye Crease Brush, both lovely and soft.
- Rimmel Colour Rush Quad eyeshadow in Urban Flower - I used the pale pink matte shade all over the eyeshadow as a base (reviewed here)
- elf Custom Eyes in Wisteria (swatched here). I found that I wasn't really using this shadow to its full capability, only as an interest point to lighten up other eye looks, so I wanted to use it as a focal point. And it's really pretty!
- Boots 17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil in Carbon Black/ Copper.(reviewed here).
- Boots Natural Collection WaterGuard mascara in Brown/Black
- Collection 2000 ShimmerSquare in Blushalicious (currently with £1 off at boots.com, which means it's down to £3.19)
- Benefit Watt's Up highlighter
- Boots 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Belle