Here are my rules:
- Until I have used up 10 products I am not allowed to buy any more makeup/skin care products
- Or, if I get to the end of April and haven't used up ten things, then I shall let myself buy things again.
- Exceptions: if I use up something that I use very often and I don't have an equivalent of (eg my only brown mascara) then I am allowed to buy a replacement. This should really only happen with eyeliners, mascaras, and foundation - I think I have similar things for most other things.
- Definition of using up is as follows. For anything that comes in a pan, more than 1/2 the diameter of the pan is pan showing as opposed to makeup. For anything in a tube or pen (eg mascara, lipgloss) when the applicator is swiped across my hand little enough product should come out to be useful. For twist-up products, I'm calling them used up when, when they're twisted up to their full extent, there is a flat line across the top of the casing and the product. For palettes I have to use up 50% of the products or hit pan on all of them - except for the elf custom palette where each thing is basically full size. For pencils, when there is less than 4cm pencil length (not counting the sharpened bit) - so its basically unholdable.
- The refills of my perfume do count.
- Anything that is already on its way to being used up counts, after all this is all about using things up.
- When I use something up I must review it.
- I'm also doing the same with books, minus the reviewing - unless you want me to :p
- As a reward when I finish I'm going to buy myself the mini collection of OPI's Holland range
Any comments welcome, as usual!