Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Tuesday, 27 March 2012
- Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Rose Bud - I wore this and it worked well for me - fairly long-lasting and a nice neutral colour
- Natural Collection Cream Blush in Rosy Pink - I didn't use this
- 17 BB Cream in Light - I did use this, I think I might move up to Medium now I've started to pick up some colour in my face
- Benefit Watt's Up highlighter - I used this for the party, when it was going to be dark
- 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Belle - another good neutral lip shade
- Marks & Spencer blusher in Ginger (now discontinued but I have found a dupe)
- Natural Collection Cover-Up Stick - did use this as I have broken out a tiny bit
- Miss Sporty nail polish - I had this in my pencilcase for touchups as and when
- 17 Pencil Sharpener
- Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipstain and Balm in Carry on Cherry - I used this and it lasted really well, plus it came across really well in photos from the party
- Natural Collection LashCurl Mascara in Black - I used this each day and it was good as usual, but it's starting to dry out, which is sad as I've had it less than three months - but then it was only £1.99
- 17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil in Copper/Black - I used this each day to line my lower lash line
- 17 Metallic Eye Liner in Green - I didn't actually use this
- Collection Extreme 24H Felt Tip Eye Liner in Black - my favourite eyeliner. Ever. Did thin discreet lines one day and nice chunky 'Cleopatra' lines the other.
- Elf eyelid primer in 'Champagne'. Works as it should, no questions asked.
- Revlon Blush Brush
- elf Blush/Bronzer/Blending brush
- Liberty/Hello Kitty eyeshadow palette - I used this, especially the pale pink and adjacent reddy shade
- Collection Shimmer Shades in Way to Glow - I used this each day
- 17 All About Nude palette - I used the eyeshadows from this
- elf elements palette containing a) Sage eyeshadow, b) Wisteria eyeshadow, c) Driftwood eyeshadow and d) Shy blush. I mainly took it for the blush, which I used each day
Here are a couple of photos from the weekend:
Thursday, 22 March 2012
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
Monday, 19 March 2012
Often, I see Face Of The Day posts and think 'really? And how long did that last?' so I thought I'd post today's with a picture taken at half past nine, fourteen hours after putting on my make-up.
- 17 BB Cream (most definitely still there, I used a cleansing wipe just after taking this picture and it came off onto it)
- Collection Shimmer Squares in Way to Glow (as above)
- Rimmel 1000 Kisses lip stain and balm (this I reapplied throughout the day, but the last time was at about 3pm, so this is still six hours' wear)
- Hello Kitty and Liberty eyeshadow palette
- Collection Extreme 24H Felt Tip Eye Liner Pen (still looking pretty much as new)
- Natural Collection LashCurl mascara in black.
Sunday, 18 March 2012
Friday, 16 March 2012
- Elf eyelid primer
- Elf eyeshadow in driftwood
- Collection Extreme 24H felt tip eye liner
- 17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil in copper/black (on bottom lash line)
- NaturalCollection LashCurl mascara in black
- Elf blush in 'shy'
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in One Of A Kind (080)
Wednesday, 14 March 2012
- 17 BB Cream in Light
- Natural Collection Bronzing Pearls
- 17 eyeshadow in Funfair and Walnut Pearl
- 17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil (review here)
- Natural Collection WaterGuard Mascara in Brown/Black
- Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Stain in Blushing
Saturday, 10 March 2012
Friday, 9 March 2012
- Elf eyelid primer
- Rimmel Colour Rush Quad in Urban Flower
- 17 Solo Eyeshadow in Green Glimmer
- 17 Photo Flawless eye pencil in Copper/Black
- Natural Collection LashCurl Mascara in Black
- 17 Sheer Finish Mineral Blush in Plum
- Natural Collection Cream Blush in Rosy Pink
- Elf blush in Shy
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in One of a Kind
- Benefit Watt's Up highlighter
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in One Of A Kind
- 17 Pure Finish Sheer Mineral Blusher in Plum
- Collection Shimmer Shades Blushalicious (review here)
- Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Liner
Tuesday, 6 March 2012
- Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Persimmon (more on this later)
- Elf eyeshadow in Wisteria (I hit pan on this yesterday, how exciting, my first pan ever)
- Collection Extreme 24h Eyeliner (formerly Collection 2000 of course)
- Maybelline Colour Sensational lip stain in Flushing
- Boots No7 High Shine lipgloss in Whisper (layered over the top to give more shine once it had dried.
- Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Persimmon
- Collection Shimmer Squares in Way To Glow.
- Boots Natural Collection Neutral Translucent Loose Powder.
- Moisturising action. It works fine on my cheeks, sure, but actually it makes the skin on my forehead (where it is driest) feel tight. When I touch that skin it does feel soft, which makes a change to normal, so maybe the effect just takes time to filter down, or maybe the feeling tight is just my forehead muscles getting used to softer skin - yes, I know that's scientific baloney. So overall this has good moisturising action, but not great, which brings me onto my next point.
- Price. I'm just not in the market to spend that much on a moisturiser when I have a perfectly good one already - even if the Neutrogena can't fully deal with the dry patch on my forehead, there are other moisturisers around at that price point (such as the dry skin formula of that moisturiser) which might be able to - I'll only repurchase the Neal's Yard if I can't find any moisturiser at a lower price per 100ml that I prefer.
- Size - a 100ml bottle is fine for on the dressing table, but you can't take it on holiday very easily. Plus with its sticky-out pump handle, it doesn't look particularly robust.
Sunday, 4 March 2012
Tint lips with sheer matte colour for a fresh barely there feel. New pen builds for precise buildable colour that lasts!
Why You'll Love It
A fresh new sensation in color:
• Sheer wash of color from water-based pigments
• Fresh, barely-there feel from vitamin-enriched berry nectar
Saturday, 3 March 2012
- Elf Eyelid Primer
- Hello Kitty Liberty eyeshadow palette (Christmas 2011 special edition). If the shades are numbered 1 to 8 clockwise from the top left, I used 1 as an inner corner highlight, 2 across the whole eye, 6 on the outer half, 5 in the crease and 7 in the centre. This is one of my favourite palettes.
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Denim Blue on the top lash line
- 17 Metallic Eye Pencil in Green (discontinued)
- Natural Collection LashCurl Mascara in Black
- Collection 2000 Shimmer Squares in Way to Glow. One thing I've found is that this really isn't that pigmented, so I may try using it with a blush.
- 17 Mirror Shine lipstick in Belle.
Friday, 2 March 2012
Thursday, 1 March 2012
1 - 17 Ultimate Volume lipgloss in Very Berry. I like this because it's a lovely dark pink that's fairly long lasting.
2 - Collection 2000 Shimmer Squares in Way to Glow. I've just recently realised that it is basically a one product face - more on that when I review it soon