Wednesday 7 March 2012

FOTD: Sensational Sixties and review of 17 Pure Finish Sheer Mineral Blusher

Products used:
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in One Of A Kind
  • 17 Pure Finish Sheer Mineral Blusher in Plum
  • Collection Shimmer Shades Blushalicious (review here)
  • Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Liner
And a review of the blusher!
This blusher sells for £4.69 from Boots, and comes in three shades - I have 'Plum'

I've had this blusher for a while and I really haven't used it enough - it was my first non-palette blusher, and I was really looking for a cream blusher, which I found soon after and so then didn't use this.

Packaging
The packaging of this is really useful for travel - it has its own brush built in. That's also useful because it means that you can't accidentally use a brush with a different shade of blusher in. The disadvantages, though, are that the brush is slightly scratchy, and that it's impossible to wash the brush. Also, on first use, it can take a while to coax the blusher through the brush.
The packaging is also very robust, which I like - it's Lily-proof.

Does it live up to its promises?
On the packaging it says the product has a 'Super-sheer and lightweight formulation'
Whether it's sheer or not really depends on how heavy-handed you are, obviously, but I have found it quite difficult to get a sheer wash. The flush it does produce, though, is lovely!
I certainly agree with the 'lightweight' tag - the blusher feels really nice on the cheeks.

Would I repurchase?
YES! I think I might purchase it in Rose, though, as the Plum is a little too red - though maybe it won't be when I'm more tanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment