Tuesday 6 March 2012

FOTD: to the power of two, and review of Elf Shimmering Facial Whip.

This FOTD is so titled because there are two (at least) products used for each section of my face. Also because this post effectively serves two purposes - it's a FOTD post, and it's a short review of one product I used - elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Persimmon

Eyes:
  • Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Persimmon (more on this later)
  • Elf eyeshadow in Wisteria (I hit pan on this yesterday, how exciting, my first pan ever)
  • Collection Extreme 24h Eyeliner (formerly Collection 2000 of course)
Lips:
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational lip stain in Flushing
  • Boots No7 High Shine lipgloss in Whisper (layered over the top to give more shine once it had dried.
Face:
  • Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Persimmon
  • Collection Shimmer Squares in Way To Glow.
  • Boots Natural Collection Neutral Translucent Loose Powder.
And now for the review

I'm afraid this is a rather short review, mainly because I haven't used this product much. The formula and scent are lovely, but it's just too pale for me - I can use it as a highlighter, for which it's okay, and I would do that instead of taking my Benefit Watt's Up on holiday, but it doesn't really work as a blusher on me. If they made this in a darker pink, I would so be there, but they don't. I might invest in it in Citrus though, as I like the formula and I think that colour would get more use.

It's designed as colour you can use on your eyes, lips, or face.
I only tried eyes for the first time today and, again, while the formula is nice, the colour is a little off. It worked well as a base for Wisteria powder eyeshadow though, so I think I shall continue using it for that.
Lips: it's too pale for my skin or tastes. Just looks a bit frosted.
Face: as I said above, it's just too pale to use for anything but a highlighter,

I think this product would work really well for anyone with pale skin, and I look forward to trying it in Citrus.

It sells for £1.50 from elf's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment